Santhiram Engineering College has taken the following measures to provide the accessible and barrier free environment for disabled persons.
1. Accessible buildings: Ramps are provided to easily access the classrooms and laboratories.
2. Rest rooms: Rest rooms with disabled friendly toilets are provided.
3. Signage: Proper signs and symbols are displayed in the campus to communicate a message.
4. Assistive Technology: Screen reading software and accessible website are provided.
5. Mechanized equipment: Wheelchair and battery powered vehicle are provided for physical movement in the campus.
6. Scribe: As per the norms of university the institution provides scribes for examinations.
7. Human assistance: One gent and one lady are appointed to assist the disabled persons inside the campus.
8. E-Learning: Softcopy of all subjects and other useful information is available in library. And teachers also provide reading material in softcopy.